RF Devices cover a broad category of devices having to do with radios and may include RF Transistors, Bluetooth Chips and Modules, WiFi Chips and Modules and other types of radio technologies chips and Modules.
- RF Transistors: These simple appearing devices require careful characterization by their users. A common test involves connecting the device to a signal generator and frequency analyzer. For ease of connection and an ability to change out the device a test fixture will take the form of a device socket atop a high performance PCB with coaxial connectors at the edge of the board. RTI has experience making this type of fixture, please contact our application engineers for more details.
- RTI standard design sockets are usually appropriate for most test needs of the various chip packages used by WiFi, Bluetooth and other high speed RF technologies. Let us know the required bandwidth and if high power is required and we can select the proper materials and pins for your design.
- RF devices often come in the form of a module where the main RF chip is integrated onto a small PCB along with passive components, oscillators, antenna connectors, and a microcontroller all covered with a metal shield.
- RTI has made sockets for many of these modules and can accommodate such needs as
- Clearance for the antenna connector
- Castellated contacts
- High Frequency Pins
- Test points at two levels on the same side
- Non metal or minimal metal socket body and lid designs