- Custom RTI sockets mounted to your existing DUT board
- Your existing PCB requires mounting and alignment holes
- Designed for compression mount test sockets only, not through-hole
- RTI sockets with cutouts for clearance of existing on board components
- Not all lid designs available for custom matched footprint test sockets
- Package/DUT size in relation to mounting features required for feasibility
RTI’s custom matched footprint test sockets are a great solution for recycling existing DUT boards for use in new test environments. For example, the existing DUT board may have a clamshell style socket with a thick lid preventing access to the device under test in a failure analysis lab. By removing the existing socket and mounting a custom RTI low profile matched footprint test socket you can save time and money on board layout and fab.
Before designing a matched footprint test socket, RTI requires additional details about the board itself at the testing to be performed. This includes but is not limited to:
- Board layout drawings in .dxf or CAD format (top layer only is fine)
- Package outline drawing of the device under test
- Maximum socket size requirements
- Physical PCB sample (non-functional is fine)
- Physical DUT sample (non-functional is fine)
- Electrical/Mechanical requirements of the test to be performed
Please keep in mind that there are very few cases in which RTI cannot provide a custom matched footprint socket.