Latch Up is a test done as part of Qualification testing. Originally done on CMOS product to detect a specific phenomenon resulting from the construction of CMOS devices where a short term electrical overstress can result in a persistent short like high current condition on the power pins. This condition leads to immediate malfunction and may lead to permanent destruction of the IC. Today, the test is applied to a wider range of semiconductor technologies universally as a screening test for electrical sensitivity to overstress.
- RTI can help engineers who perform this type of test in several ways
- RTI Multi-Purpose High performance Sockets
- DUT Boards and Load boards for All kinds of Latch Up test Systems including RTI and Thermo-Keytek
- RTI MultiTrace Automated Curve Tracer and Latch Up test Systems
- RTI Sockets can be used for a variety of purposes.
- The same design may be used for ESD, Latch Up and Failure Analysis just by changing the lid or DUT board it is mounted on.
- RTI Multi Site sockets reduce the cost per site and these sockets can even hold more than one small package type.
- RTI Universal CSP and BGA sockets are a great value for users of array packages.