This custom test socket assembly is designed to test the button press force on a flex cable and is integrated into a larger test fixture. The test socket base is specifically designed to the layout of the device under test and includes custom relief cutouts and clamshell lids.
4 double compression spring pins contact one end of the flex cable and interface with a signal routing PCB located on bottom side of the socket.
The clamshell lid contacting the button side of the DUT supports force actuation measurements. A load cell and action arm are integrated into the lid. This sensor measures the force applied to the button by a pneumatic plunger coming through the bottom side of the socket. Clamshell lids can close with one latch and provide compression to both ends of the flex cable. Lids may use hard stop or spring-loaded pressure plate.
- Custom cutout pocket for device under test
- Single latch floating pressure plate clamshell lids provide compression
- Pneumatic plunger applies variable force to a button on DUT
- Spring pins contact both DUT and bottom side PCB assembly
- Supports force actuation measurements
- Sturdy design for reliable and repeatable results