Our robust and reliable designs come in a variety of sizes and footprints to suit your PCB scale and test application. Fixtures can accommodate standard PCB footprints such as Raspberry Pi and other single-board computers and fully custom PCBs. Most designs offer a bed of nails interface, but other interfaces are available. We specialize in designing and manufacturing custom test fixtures to meet unique test challenges.
Here are some features that make our large PCB test fixtures popular:
- Inclusion of a single-board-computer for proprietary test-related software and system monitoring
- Isolated compartments within the system include RF shielding to separate internal components
- Total inclusion of all test related hardware and software for a truly stand-alone solution
- Cams distributed across the lid ensure high force and even pressure as the fixture is closed
- Calibrated Vertical and horizontal guides to ensure precise motion of internal components during test
- Controllers with LEDs or LCD displays on the front of the texture provide information to the operator
- Operating temperature(s)
- Data transfer rates and voltages
- Pass/Fail status or error codes
- Data collected from internal sensors
We offer PCB design for all signal routing and breakout boards incorporated into the test fixture to provide an out-of-the-box test solution. These boards route all signals between the pogo pins contacting the DUT and your outbound connector(s) of choice. If you require that the test fixture include board(s) of your own design and fabrication, please contact us.
Back panel featuring MIP Interface
PCB test fixtures interface with mass interconnect systems such as Virgina Panel’s “Mass Interconnect Panels” (MIPs) using sets of configurable ITA modules positioned on the front or back of the test fixture. This allows the fixture to interface with a variety of common PXI and VXI based instruments, each having their own unique configurations. Each mating connector I/O can be wired directly to its respective test probe for reliable signal integrity or interface with other components such as a device programmer or adapter board within the enclosure.
Each fixture can be customized internally for use across multiple applications throughout your test program. From characterization to validation to production test, each fixture is scalable to address various requirements at each stage. The low-profile bed-of-nails interface and two stage clamshell lid provide ample working distance while keeping 100% vertical compression force across the PCB. Swappable standoffs on the lid allow the fixture to test both bare boards and fully populated boards with strict keep out areas.